knapps relational model

                        Knapp's Staircase Model - ppt video online download

knapps relation model shows us different ways on how we build relationships, maintain and how they sometimes can fall apart. Social media, distance, time, ect. all play a part in how our relationships go. I have had many relationships with friends, family and lovers who have came together and ended there or still in that maintenance spot and coming apart. I don't see one as the hardest or easiest for me they all have their challenges that come along with building a relationship and they all have there moments of ease. 

Im going to talk about the relationship I have with my sister. She is 22 and I am 20 and we didn't get close till about 2 years ago. Its crazy to think how you can live with someone your whole life and not be friends or on good terms. We had good moments of course but most of the time we had hatred towards each other ver dumb little stuff and I believe that's because of how much we loved and cared for each other. We are polar opposites yet have much in common. Our relationship grew closer when I moved away to college. Distance and time away from one another made us even stronger and I believe this happens with a lot of relationships, you start to realize how much you loved seeing them everyday and going out and doing things with them. Technology really helps because even though I don't see her often we talk almost everyday. We FaceTime and send each other videos and pictures on what were doing. When we reconnect it makes it even more special to sit down and just talk about life and really start to understand what's going on in eachotheres lives. When you live with someone for so long it can be easy to drift apart because you see them all the time you don't feel the need to talk about deep things or go out and do fun stuff together. 

I think every relationship gets stronger after you have that little fallout. Taking time to sit and think about how important this person is and how much you truly ned them in your life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Assessment

About Me