About Me

 Hello everyone! my name is Kinzy Bowen and I am a 20yr old student athlete here at Oregon State University. I currently live in Corvallis, Oregon but I am originally from a small town in Eastern Oregon called La Grande. I am working towards figuring out my degree and which major I would like to pursue. I came to college starting out in the business degree but unfortunately I got injured and broke my knee playing softball and could no longer go to my in person business classes so I changed my major. I am still recovering from my injury a year later and trying to get back into playing my sport. I don't get a lot of free time because I'm always busy doing physical therapy and practice but when I do I love going to the beach or the mountains. An interesting fact about myself is that my friends and family call me Trey because that was supposed to be my name until my parents found out I was a girl. 



I would like to learn about the behind the scenes type of stuff that goes into social media or any online platform. I think it's interesting seeing how many steps and jobs there are and that go into one post or video online. I use instagram, TikTok, twitter and more to post about my life and speak on public topics that I am passionate about. Its nice to feel heard or seen on social media when you know people are watching. For example I like talking about mental health on college sports and spread awareness through these platforms. Its an easy way to reach people even if they are far away. 




I have never taken a communications class before so I am excited to learn more about it, I have a few goals that I want to reach which are, being comfortable giving a speech or discussion over the phone and learning proper ways to communicate online. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Assessment